Fabric sofas always look greater and stand as a first choice for most of the people. Fabric sofas add amazing look and richness to your interiors. But, it is also very difficult to maintain because even a little spill or stain becomes a big nightmare when you start the cleaning process. However, the spills and stains are most common and happen anytime, unless you adorn your couch with the plastic covers.
If you did not cover the couch with appropriate coverings you will have to face an unnecessary mess when something spills on the leather couch. If it is a minor issue to face you can fix it easily at home by using some homemade solutions or else you must search for the fabric couch cleaning nearby and fix an appointment with them to clean the fabric couch. Here are the tips to clean the fabric sofa:
Look Before you Start The Cleaning Process
If you want to achieve the best results, you must consider a few factors before you start cleaning the fabric sofa given by Squeaky Clean Sofa.
Review Your Manufacturer’s Instruction
Before you clean any type of sofa or couch you must check the label for the manufacturer’s instructions. The label will instruct you what to use and how to use to remove the stains from the sofa. If you use the wrong product and follow wrong cleaning procedure it will entirely spoil your sofa and leaves irreparable damage.
Tags are the perfect place to get answers for many cleaning questions
If the manufacturer’s instructions are not available don’t give up. You’ll definitely find the tag on the sofa cushions. The tags will give you a perfect suggestion to clean the sofa. You’ll be mentioned with perfect cleaners, procedures, also state whether the material is water-soluble or not. Therefore, make sure to check the tag before you start the cleaning.
Properly Read the Tag to Save Your Time And Grief
When you take a look on your tag you’ll find anyone of this letter, here is what each of the letters means:
- W- clean the material using water-soluble materials
- S- clean the material using solvent based cleaners
- W/S- use either water based or solvent based cleaners
- X-vacuum only
Never use wrong chemicals on the sofa as it will completely ruin your material and no meaning for your investment and time. Don’t put your furniture on risk, just stick to tag instructions and follow them exactly.
How to Clean the Fabric Sofa If it is Stained
First check what mention on sofa tag is and purchase the same type of cleaners to clean the sofa. If it is mention X you must only Vacuum Sofa Cleaner.
You Need the Following Ingredients and Materials to Clean the Fabric Sofa
- Vacuum cleaner with upholstery attachment
- Light colored micro-fiber cloth to prevent bleeding of water or cleaner into the sofa fabrics.
- Large bucket
- Distilled water, do not use tap water because the mineral in the tap water will leave residues.
- Detergent liquid or liquid soap
- Distilled white vinegar
Note: When you prepare your own homemade solution always spot test the cleaner at any corners or the sofa before using it on the entire thing.
- Thoroughly vacuum the couch to avoid rubbing the dirt and debris while cleaning the sofa
- Take a bucket and mix 2 cups of distilled water with 1 part of the detergent liquid and 1 part of white vinegar
- Mix the ingredients well and moist the microfiber cloth in the solution
- Gently blot the stains with the cloth, do not rub or scrub the stains as it will penetrate deeper into the material fabric.
- Now, moisten the microfiber cloth in the distilled water, do not use detergent liquid or vinegar. Just blot the stained is to remove the soap
- Now take a dry cloth and blot the surface once again
- Allow the surface to air dry completely